Vol.3, No 12, 2002 pp. 489-490
PhD, Full Professor, Faculty of Mechanical
University of Belgrade
Rastko Čukić, Ph.D., Full Professor at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering,
Uni-versity of Belgrade, was born on January 22th 1937. in Požarevac. He
attended the pri-mary school in Požarevac, and secondary school in Bel-grade.
He graduated in 1961 at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Belgrade.
He started to work in 1963 as the assis-tant for Strength of Materials
at the Department for Theory of Structures, Faculty of Me-chanical Engineering
in Belgrade. He obtained the Master of Science degree in 1970 at the Faculty
of Sciences in Belgrade, and the PhD in 1972 in Warsaw, Poland, at the
In-stitute for Mechanics supervised by the academician Witold Nowacki,
who had an impor-tant influence on his scientific development.
Professor Rastko Čukić became the Assistant professor in 1975, the
Associate profes-sor in 1982 and the Full professor in 1987 for the subjects
Strength of Materials and Strength of Structures and FEM. He also lectured
many other subjects at the postgraduate studies: Thermoelasticity, Theory
of elasticity, Plates and Shells, Engineering measure-ments, Photoelasticity...
He lectured at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Bel-grade, at the
Faculties of Mechanical Engineering in Kraljevo, Niš, Valjevo and at the
Technical Military Academy in Žarkovo and in Libya.
Professor Čukić was very professional in his work. That is why he was
a member of the large number of bodies at the faculty. Twice he was elected
for the Vice-dean for the financial problems. During that period the new
reading room of the faculty library was built and the students got a new
and modern place for their work. He had also taken part at the building
of the University computer center and of the Center for new technologies
at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. For many years he was the Head
of the Depart-ment for Strength of structures and of the Institute for
Applied Mechanics and Strength of structures.
During 38 years of his work he was a supervisor to a large number of
master and doctoral thesis. He was author and coauthor of 8 textbooks for
the undergraduate and postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Mechanical
Engineering. He had taken part in more than 50 scientific and engineering
projects and he published more than 100 papers.
He was a person full of great energy. Besides his work at the Faculty
he also hardly worked at the Yugoslav Ski Federation on its international
affirmation. Professor Čukić became the international official in the International
Ski Federation and he took part in many of its conferences all over
In the secondary school he started playing saxophone and harmonica.
He had enjoyed preparing music for films and playing concerts on television.
Last year he recorded his own CD.
Professor Čukić tragically died on February 5th 2001 after a traffic
The large field of scientific activities of Professor Rastko Čukić
can be seen from the list of some of his papers.
1. Čukić R., The Thermal shock on the Surface of the Rectangular
Plate, Bulletin de l?Academie Polonaise des Sciences, vol. 20, no. 9, 1972.
2. Čukić R., The Thermal shock on the Shell of Revolution-Coupled
and Uncoupled Theory, Bulletin de l?Academie Polonaise des Sciences, vol.
20, no. 10, 1972.
3. Čukić R., Transversal Vibrations of thin Shell of Revolution
Produced by Thermal Shock, Bulletin de l?Academie Polonaise des Sciences,
vol. 21, no. 12, 1973.
4. Čukić R., Coupled and Uncoupled Problem of Thermoelastic Vibration
of the Circular Plate, Bulletin de l?Academie Polonaise des Sciences, vol.
5. Čukić R., Coupled Thermoelastic Vibration of the Plates, Archives
of Mechanics, Pol. Academy of Sciences, vol. 25, issue 3, 1973.
6. Čukić R., Diffusion in Thermoelastic Plates, Bulletin de l?Academie
Polonaise des Sciences, vol. 22, no. 4, 1974.
7. Čukić R., Thermodiffusion in an Elastic Layer, Bulletin de
l?Academie Polonaise des Sciences, vol. XXVI, no. 12, 1976.
8. Čukić R. and Ružić D., On the Behavior of an Uniformly Heated
Rotor, Bulletin de l?Academie Polonaise des Sciences, vol. XVI, no. 8-9,
9. Čukić R., The Solutions of some thermoelasticity problems
using integral transform technique, Naučna knjiga, Belgrade, 1979.
10. Čukić R., Kuzmanović D., The Problem of Thermodiffusion in
Viscoelastic Bodies, Journal of Thermal Stresses, vol. 4, 3-4, special
issues, Hemisphere Publishing Corporation, Washington, D. C. 2005, 1981.
11. Maneski T., Čukić R., Milačić V., Program Packages for the
Calculation of the Mechanical Constructions, IX conference "Governing
of the Manufacture in the Industry of the metal arrangement", Belgrade,
12. Čukić R., Maneski T., Methods of the stress analysis in the
elements of the nuclear components, Conference 200 years of the nuclear
energetic, Belgrade, 1982.
13. Čukić R., Maneski T., Plane and axial symmetric problem of
the deformation using finite element method, VII JUPITER-conference, Zvečevo,
14. Čukić R., Maneski T., Kielbasinski J., Calculation of the
bearing structures using computers, XI JUPITER conference, Cavtat , 1985.
15. Maneski T., Kalajdžić M., Čukić R., Calculation system CAE,
XII JUPITER-conference, Cavtat, Belgrade, 1986.
16. Čukić R., Maneski T., Stationary and Nonstationary problems
of the heat propagation, XIII JUPITER conference, Cavtat, Belgrade,
17. Čukić R., Maneski T., Milovančević M., The Analysis of the
stress field of the cap isolator loaded by tension force, 18th Yug. Congress
of the Theoretical and Applied mechanic,Vrnjačka Banja, 1988.
18. Čukić R., Kopecki H., Ružić D., Maneski T., Experimental
and numerical analysis of a disc of gas turbine, 9th International Conference
on Experimental Mechanics, Copenhagen, 1990.
19. Čukić R., Maneski T., Milovančević M., The Analysis of the
reason of the crush of the binder-conveyor for the transport of cobble,
Science-vocational conference "Transportation in industry", Belgrade, 1992.
20. Popović D., Čukić R., Maneski T., Calculation of the heavy
ship rudder using FEM, 1st International Science-vocational conference
"Teška mašinogradnja", TM'93, Kraljevo, Kruševac, V.Banja, 1993.
21. V. Milošević, R. Čukić, Temperature, stress and strain fields
of the thin circular plate loaded by the moving heat source, XX Yugoslav
congress of the theoretical and applied mechanic, Kragujevac, 1993.
22. Čukić, V. Milošević, Thermoelastic Vibrations of The Thin
Plate Induced by Moving Heat Source, J. of Theor. and Applied Mechanics
2, 31, Warszava, 1993.
23. V. Milošević, R. Čukić, The solution of the one problem of
the magnetothermoelastic bending of the thin ferromagnetic plates, XXI
Yugoslav Congress of the Theoretical and Applied Mechanic, Niš, 1995.
24. Čukić R., Maneski T., Milošević V., The analysis of the stress
field and the upgrading of the basic construction of the boiler PKTS5,
TIPO-kotlogradnja, Belgrade, 1996.
25. Čukić R., Maneski T., Milošević V., The Problem of the Nonlinear
Temperature Distribution Across the Thickness of the Plate produced by
Electromagnetic Field, Thermal Stresses 97, Rochester, USA, 1997.
26. Čukić R., Maneski T., Milovančević M., Numerical & Experimental
Optimization of the Resistance of Structure of Cap-shaped Ceramic Electrical
Insulator, CANCAM97, Quebec, Canada, 1997.
27. Nestorović M., Čukić R., Maneski T., Milošević V., Experimental-numerical
verification of the modeling of the demountable type of nodal link "TENES",
10. Congress JDGK, Vrnjačka Banja, 1998.
28. Čukić R., Maneski T., Milošević V., Milovančević M., The
review of the construction of the rotary gantries and wheels of the railway
vehicle, CIP Belgrade, 1999.
29. Čukić R., Maneski T., Thermomechanical stress analysis of
the boiler by FEM, Third International Congress of Thermal Stress
'99, Cracow, Poland, 1999.
30. Čukić R., Milošević V., Maneski T., Deformation of the thin
metallic plate produced by electromagnet with constant flux, 23th Congress
of the Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Belgrade, 2001.
Department for Theory of Structures
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University in Belgrade